Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lisa's 2009 Visit

So much has happened since Lisa visited last month that I hadn't gotten around to blogging about it yet. For those of you who don't know, Lisa is my "oldest" friend, in that she is the friend I have had the longest. She moved around the corner from us just before 2nd grade started. So I six. Yeah, that was a long time ago! Anyway, she is blessed to be able to do quite a bit of traveling and chose to visit us this year. The kids had a great time waking her up in the morning! We went to The Children's Museum and our favorite restaurant, JoPa (if you're in the area and haven't been there yet, you must go!). We went to Target and she spent her whole Saturday with me at the church getting it ready for our annual Sweetheart's Ball. Yeah, pretty much she just lived my life for 5 days...nothing exciting! Ha! Before my kids came along we used to go to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival or Seattle and other "fun" places. Oh, how things change with kids around! Anyway, for some silly reason I didn't get many pictures (maybe the batteries were dead...again?!?!). These are all from The Children's Museum...
Obviously, there was a Bob the Builder exhibit. The kids loved it. Unfortunately, Maren was always looking at something and never at the camera. But I thought this picture of Evan was too cute to pass up.

And here's Maren pretending to be Daddy in her scrubs, showing off the x-ray she took. Looking at those bangs makes me wonder why on earth I waited so long to get them cut. Sorry, Maren! I think that borders on child abuse.


And here's Lisa with Flat Stanley. Lisa's nephew made Flat Stanley in school and Flat Stanley had quite the trip. He got his picture taken on the airplane, with lots of different strangers, and in some very cool places. It was fun to have him along for the trip! :-)

1 comment:

Beth said...

glad you had so much fun! I'm waiting for GWL pictures. Have you been to Wicked yet? Way to go dancing like a mad pregnant lady, very impressive!