Boy, this body has had quite the day. This morning I went to Zumba. That's 8 - 9 a.m. That's some super aerobic, hip-shaking working out. Oh-so-fun and oh-so-sweat-inducing! Anyway, I got home, jumped in the shower, got dressed in my clogging outfit and headed for a church building where we had an audition for a fine arts showcase next month. We were going to audition this new dance we started in September. It's awesome, it's fast, it's hard. It's impressive. Well, I had missed quite a few weeks of practice because of sick kids and Michael's birthday and other random things. So on Thursday I got together with a fellow clogger and got caught up on the ending. I hardly slept all last night because the dance was running through my head...making sure the last steps were cemented enough that my feet would do what I needed them to during the audition. When I got to the church at 10 a.m., we ran through the dance two times. I'm starting to feel like I have Jell-O for legs by this point. Then we go into the audition. They love the dance, but not the music so much. Doesn't quite fit into the evening's other events. So we tell them we have other songs. Then we proceed to show them THREE more dances. Hello! Way more than I bargained for today. My poor body. That would be a lot for a non-pregnant person to do. I would've liked to have seen myself in bed by 10 p.m. tonight because I'm EXHAUSTED, but I had too much work to do. I just stopped, without being done, because I could hardly keep my eyes open any longer. It's been a long day. Three hours of dancing, an hour of weeding the garden, two showers, a trip to the temple and lots of work. But I did enjoy a small bowl of ice cream. It was nice knowing that I had worked it off by 8:20 this morning!!
1 comment:
You had a very productive day. So when do you find out about the clogging thing?
Post a Comment