I was directed to a website that has a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days in honor of President Hinckley, since he was 97 years old when he died. Well, I've, of course, read the Book of Mormon several times but felt like this would be a great thing to do. Turns out to be about 6 pages a day, which I think is a lot. When I have read the BofM (shortened from here on out) slowly, I have enjoyed little bits and pieces that I didn't catch at other times. But the times that I have read through it more quickly is when I have actually enjoyed it most. I think it's because all of the stories connect together in my mind and I understand all the history better. So, I'm excited about this. Plus, I've really been so sad about President Hinckley passing away and I wanted to create some kind of positive experience from it for myself. So, this fit the bill. The guy who set this up made a way to track your progress on your blog so I decided to put my progress out there for everyone to see so that I stick with it. I'll have to be a little bit more focused about my work because that will be a lot of reading to do in the evenings when I'd otherwise be working, but I know it will bless my life for the good. And thinking of President Hinckley every day will bring a smile to my face. Now why don't you try it, too? :-)
2 comments:
That is really cool Memory. I may just have to jump on that bandwagon.
Okay, I joined the challenge. Where do i paste the html code in my layout to get it on my blog? I am html illiterate.
Post a Comment