Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some Things I Forgot...

Well, I realized, after I did those last posts about the kids, that there were some important things I forgot about that I wanted to always remember. And here they are:

Evan: He loves to write books. We have a shelf that has probably 25 books that he's written on it. His last two have been particularly good and he prides himself on the fact that he's starting to make them funny. He asked me if I think all kindergartners like to write books and I told him they probably do. Then he asked if I thought all kindergartners wanted to be librarians when they grow up. I said I didn't know but asked him if he wanted to be a librarian and he told me yes. I thought that was so cute! Michael later clarified that he wants to be an author. Ha ha. Evan Bybee, you can do anything you want to do!

Maren: She loves to speak "Spanish". Yeah, no, Michael hasn't been teaching her (sore spot, sore spot!). She just busts out her own Spanish, Maren style. And she sings song in her very own Spanish, too. It's hysterical. What is not hysterical is when you ask her a question and she answers you in "Spanish". And you ask her again repeatedly and she repeatedly says, "blondo" or whatever the word may be (they always seem to end in "o" or "a", which I think is fitting). I have to beg her to answer me in English and it can get quite frustrating sometimes. Ha ha! We have been calling the things she wears under her dresses "underwear covers" forever because I wasn't sure if they were bloomers or not (was thinking that maybe bloomers came closer to your knee or something). So when I finally started calling them bloomers, Maren said, "Is bloomers how you say underwear covers in Spanish?" Okay, Mikey, time to start schooling this girl! My gringo-laden accent is not going to do much good in teaching her Spanish!

Maren loves to draw, but she pretty much only draws one thing. People. But not just any people. Our family. Every time. Our family. All six of us. We must have 30 pictures of our family taped on various doors around our house, all thanks to Maren. She LOVES this family. And she mentions how much she loves her family each time she draws us. Tender.

And speaking of the love, I know I've mentioned it before but it deserves mentioning again. She is SOOOOO complimentary and loving. She is always saying things like, "You're the most beautiful mom in the wierld" (purposeful misspelling there). Maren is just full of nice things to say about people. You always feel good when you're around her.

Parker: He throws things. Well, everything, kind of. If Maren's all girl, Parker is definitely all boy. I have to sweep the kitchen floor about three times a day because of the food he throws when he's eating. And I'd like to say that he keeps his other throwing to soft things like Nerf balls and stuffed animals but, no. He throws hard objects and sharp objects, too. He's definitely dangerous. That's his rotten side.

Then there's his sweet side. That includes that he says "thank you" when we give him something or help him with something. He says "diaper" when he's got poop. When I start to open it I count to three and as soon as I fling it open he shouts "poo poo", laughing hysterically about it all. He's also starting to run but it looks more like a horse trot at this point and I think it's adorable. He just tears around the corners of the house at an angle that makes him look like he's going to fall right into it but he hasn't yet. Rough and tumbly, that one.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i lovelovelove reading all these cute little details about your kids. Well, here's my spanish for Maren-ADIOS!