Monday, June 7, 2010

Speaking of Great Danes...

My mom called the other day just busting up, telling me to gray my July issue of Reader's Digest (if you think Reader's Digest is just for your grandma, think again! I love that magazine! You will, too. Give it a chance. I read it cover-to-cover. It's awesome! And I got paid zilcho for that plug.). I ran quickly thinking maybe there was a picture of a friend in there or something. I turned to the page she said and saw the biggest dog ever...literally! "Evan's dog"!! As I was reading the article, printed below, I just couldn't stop laughing pondering what our lives would be like in our little, itty bitty house with a dog who requires a queen size bed of his own. I couldn't wait to show it to Evan the next morning. He's going to need to move us out of this little shack if he ever wants a shot at a Great Dane. Ha!!!


Name: Giant George

Age: 4

Breed: Great Dane

Hometown: Tucson, Arizona

Claim to fame: Holds Guinness world records for Tallest Dog Living and Tallest Dog Ever

Height: 43 inches from paw to shoulder

Photographed by Tom Spitz

Length: 7 feet 3 inches from nose to tail

Weight: 245 pounds

As a puppy: “He looked so cute in his crate,” says owner Dave Nasser.

Now: “He kind of looks like a pony when he’s running.”

What he eats: 110 pounds of dry food a month, from a dish elevated 20 inches off the ground

Where he sleeps: On a queen-size mattress made for humans

Transportation: Rides around the neighborhood in a golf cart with Nasser. “Sometimes it’s hard to get him out.”

Favorite game: Tug-of-war (guess who always wins)

Social networking: With more than 42,000 fans, George may be the most popular dog on Facebook.

No comments: