Parker Miles Bybee
Born July 11, 2009 at 9:16 p.m.
8 lbs., 4 oz., 20 1/2" long
Yay! Parker is here and we are all thrilled. I probably have about 2 1/2 minutes to complete this post so here are the important details:
I went into the hospital at noon on Saturday to be induced. Because both Evan and Maren had shoulder dystocia, which can, at worst, be life-threatening, we wanted to get Parker out as soon as possible once my cervix was "favorable". Dr. Taitano sat and talked with us for a long time about the option of a c-section before we got things started. He reminded us that that would be the only way to ensure a positive outcome and he advised us to think about it. In the end, we decided that Dr. Taitano had successfully delivered our other two babies who were stuck and we trusted him to do a great job with Parker, too. At around 4:00 I started having contractions. At 8:00 I was checked and was dilated to a four. I decided it was time for an epidural, even though I had thought maybe I would try without since I was given the option of going without one for the first time ever. The anesthesiologist probably got there around 8:30. Around 9:10 he walked out, after having tried about four times to get it in the right spot. Come to find out, I was going through transition while he was trying to get it in (though I only thought I was going to die, is all!), because as he was walking out, Dr. Taitano was checking me, declared me to be at a ten and that it was time to start pushing. Ha! So much for that epidural! Can I go ahead and claim that I never had one?? :-)
Parker was miraculously born without shoulder dystocia. What's crazy is that he is the biggest baby yet. Strange how these things happen. Evan, our smallest of the three, had the most severe shoulder dystocia. Anyway...he's a sweetie boy with the cutest black hair, button nose and a cleft chin! Who knows where the cleft chin genes came from, but I love it. Cute, cute! He had quite a bit of trouble in the hospital, spitting up all the time, gagging, stopping breathing! Luckily I only had to pull the red emergency cord once but things were pretty hairy a few times. It seems that this happens to all of our kids because they come down the birth canal so fast that the amniotic fluid doesn't get squeezed out of their lungs. Scary stuff. He's doing much better now. I'm feeling better each day but have had quite a bit of pain pretty much from head to toe. It sure helps to have a sweet little boy to kiss and love on!
Evan and Maren are both smitten with him. They are gentle, loving and wonderful with him. Evan wants to teach him everything and Maren wants to hold him and kiss him. Evan takes a lot of responsibility for him because, as he always reminds us, he is the one who prayed that we'd have another baby so he definitely has some ownership there. Ha! Anyway, I feel like this is all discombobulated but I've got to get to bed since he's asleep. Here are some of my favorite pictures...
16 comments:
how sweet are those pictures?! I love hearing how everything went for you! He's such a handsome little man and I'm sure is being loved on 24/7 by his older brother and sister. :) Sorry recovery has been so rough for you-hope you get feeling better soon! And woo-hoo on the prepregnancy weight already! I'm actually the same. Now, if only I could look like I wasn't pregnant anymore...lol.
One of these days I'm going to get mine posted. :)
Memory! He's beautiful!
Congratulations!
Like I said before, I LOVE the hair.
Congratulations, Memory!!! So glad things went so beautifully. He's darling!
Parker looks like a mini-Michaelin the sibling holding pictures. So cute. Great post, it's hard to write the birth story sometimes because you want to include all the details, but it's hard to remember them. Hope you are doing okay and getting lots of rest. We'll hook up soon. lots of love..
Congrats again! I LOVE the pictures. Also, I can't believe you are UNDER your pre-pregnancy weight. Holy cow, Mem! I've got to come over soon and see Parker again before he grows too much.
Glad he's here safe and sound. He's beautiful! Congratulations!
Yay, Mem! Way to go! I'm so glad everything went so well and you have yet another adorable baby. I can't wait to meet him!
Conrats! What a cutie. Glad everything went well and that he is here safe and sound in your arms!!!
Very Handsome! And cute too! In Belgium I heard that the cleft chin is God's thumbprint: He had some last minute things to say and rested his thumb on his chin to make sure he was listening good. Enjoy!
Oh Memory, he is beautiful. Congratulations for enduring 9 months of you know what to get the prize.
Yay I'm so happy for you! I love his scrunched up expression in the first pic! cute cute!
congratulations and i'm so glad to hear that everything went well. i've been checking your blog for the update and got back from out of town to see the cute little guy. your cute little family is just growing up!
Hurray for Healthy babies! Congratulations! Love him!
Congrats! Can't wait to see you in what? 3 weeks?
He's SO dang cute! I just want to hold him and love him! I LOVE the pictures of him with the other kids. Oh, and by the way, I had a dream about you last week. You were working on the computer, and I was talking to you, and you got really upset at me. Random, I know. I forgive you though. =)
Post a Comment