Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday, Mikey Dear!

It's Michael's birthday today and I was just writing him his birthday card (10:45 at night. Nice, huh? But I did LOTS of other stuff today for the occasion, in my defense!). I wrote, "When I met you, you were 23. Now you're 36! Wow! We really ARE growing old together!" Gee whiz, time flies. And what happened to Michael's 30s, anyway? They're more than half gone. When did we become such old farts (ha! Just kidding to all of you "older" friends of mine!!)? Sometimes I feel like I'm still 20 and he's still 23. When did the life of adults creep up on us with a house and kids and, uh, stress?!?! Oh, well. He's got a lot less hair now than he did back then, but that just saves on gel. And the great thing is that his glasses are much smaller than they were back in the day. But, Mikey, I love you more than I could've ever thought possible back when you were a wee lad of 23. Happy birthday, Love!

No comments: