Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Remembered...

The other things I wanted to say about Maren.  She must hear "good girl" a lot because she uses it on me all the time.  "Good girl, Mom.  You go pee on toilet."  When I had pink eye, I would get the drops to put in my eyes and she would say, "Lay down, Mom".  As soon as I laid down, "Good girl!  Good girl, Mom!"  After I put the drops in, "Good girl, Mom!"  She is just so stinkin' supportive and encouraging.  It cracks me up and warms my heart.  The greatest is that Michael gets, "Good girl, Dad!"  She was REALLY enthusiastic about the good job he was doing raking the leaves today.  She was bursting at the seams with her "Good girl" for dad.  We had a good laugh about that.  What a sweetheart.

Now, this part I don't put in here because I'm proud of it but because we all will get a really good laugh when we read this part a few years down the line.  You can't be around Evan too long and not realize that he loves super heroes and Star Wars.  Seriously, you would think he has watched the movies.  NO WAY!  Michael shows him selected clips on YouTube and tells him the stories of the characters, but that's it.  He sure runs with it, though.  But Evan definitely knows the theme music to some of them:  Superman, Iron Man and the Darth Vader theme.  You can't live with Evan and not have one of these stuck in your head from time to time and Maren is no exception.  Sometimes she'll be walking around the house da-da-da'ing the Darth Vader theme or singing, "I am Iron Man, throw me in a frying pan" (only because that's what I say - ha!).  When he puts on his Superman jammies, she breaks out with the theme song.  She's hysterical.  It's so nice of her to take an interest in what is important to her brother.  Ha!

1 comment:

Darilyn said...

What a cutie. she sure loves her parents, you can tell.