Congratulations to Michael! He officially graduated today from Concorde Career Institute with a diploma for Medical Assisting with Limited X-Ray. His average percentage was between 95% and 100%, considered the President's List, and he got gold ropes for that. I think he was pretty excited, and I was excited for him. The kids, however, were less than enthusiastic as it started at 7 p.m., which is a little too close to bedtime. But then the first time Maren caught a glimpse of Michael, all she wanted to do was go get him. It was a long 20 minutes that time and when the ceremony was over so she could see him.
It really is miraculous that we got there at all. It took 80 minutes to get somewhere that should've taken about 45. There was an accident that set us back 20 minutes and then when I jotted down the directions from the Internet (ran out of printer paper), I missed a line. I got seriously panicky thinking we were going to completely miss Michael's graduation. Then I asked Evan to say a prayer. He said the most beautiful, wonderful prayer, asking Heavenly Father to please help us to find where Daddy was soon. It worked. I think we were there within four minutes after that. Faith can move mountains...and even help me read a Thomas Guide. :-)
Here are some pictures of the blessed event. Way to go, Michael! We are so, so, so proud of you and your hard work and fantastically medically-inclined brain!! :-) Love you!
As a catch-up on Michael, he has his first Medical Assisting job! He is working for Cascade Occupational Medicine. They do some urgent care, workers comp injuries and pre-employment screenings and random drug testing. Things like that. He just started two weeks ago. So far it's been fairly boring with training (will be through the end of the month), but he really likes the doctor he will work for and the doctor told the hiring people, "you would be a fool not to hire him." Yeah, he was very impressed by Michael. So, we're excited about this. Way to go, Babe!
8 comments:
At least we all made it! Luckily we didn't get lost, but that accident really held things up...
Anyway, we all made it in the nick of time, and everything worked out. Glad some of the pictures turned out!!
Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment. You are one hard working family. You deserve the best!
WoooHOOOO! That is so WONDERFUL! You both have worked so hard for this! You guys look GREAT in the pictures! I know I don't have any pictures of me because I'm always taking them. I'm so glad Michael already has a job. Hope it gets more exciting. What are the hours? Love you and congrats!
YEA! Congrats on the official graduation and the JOB! Yippee! I think jobs are like that: a little anti-climatic. But, hey, it's a job, right?! Way to go! Thanks for the update.
Congrats!!! Look at that little Maren...I think she looks like a doll with that pouty face! And that hair...did it all decide to grow in this week??? Adorable!
Congrats!! What a great job he did!! And great pictures also!!
Are you wearing make-up Memory?? Looking cute :) Congrats to you guys!!!
oh hooray and congrats times a million!!! i remember talking with you about michael maybe starting medical assitant school, and now look at you! this is so great! the future is looking brighter already.
Post a Comment