The one thing Michael wanted for Christmas was ticket for him and Evan to go see Walking With Dinosaurs - The Live Experience at the coliseum. You see, Michael's dad is a paleontologist and was on the BBC/Discovery Channel Walking With Dinosaurs show on Allosaurus, which is his specialty dinosaur. He was also a consultant on the Allosaurus in this live show that's coming. Michael's vacations growing up were to look for dinosaur bones. Ha! So, anyway, it runs in the family and Michael has been excited to take Evan because I miraculously was able to get them tickets. Evan has a bit of anxiety about this because although he loves dinosaurs and is especially fond of pretending he's a T-Rex, he is not so sure about them being "live" dinosaurs. I think he's worried that the T-Rex is going to get him or something. So, we are driving home from picking Michael up from the MAX station today and Michael is telling Evan that they are going to ride MAX to see the dinosaur show on Saturday. To which Evan replies, "you better not count me in, Dad." Well, he had said this "don't count me in" comment a couple of days ago which I totally had to bust up over because where on earth did he get that from?!?! But then today he said it with an edge in his voice of anger like don't you dare mess with me, Dad. I'm scared and I'm not okay with this. It was too funny. So, we've got some work to do this week to get him prepared and HOPEFULLY excited about going on Saturday. Hey, I'm sacrificing going so he can go. He'd better have fun!
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. And Evan's comment is hilarious. Maybe pull up some pictures on the internet of what the show/exhibit actually will look like and let Evan see it. Maybe that would help. You certainly don't want to get there and then Michael can't even see it because he's chasing a crying Evan out the door! : )
The things Evan says crack me up. He really is going on 30! So cute. I am sure if you talk him into it he will totally love it.
What a cool job to have!! I hope Evan has a terrific time...Noah always gets really anxious about things too :) He told me the next time we go and see fireworks and he gets scared that I should sing him that Bob Marley song called "Three Little Birds," that says, "don't worry, about about a thing...cause every little thing is gonna be alright!" Maybe you could try it with Evan :)
Post a Comment