Thursday, November 29, 2007

Evan's Faves & Christmas List

My sister, Danica, did this with her son last year when he turned 3 and it was my intention to this for Evan's birthday, too, but I forgot. Anyway, this morning as we were eating our cereal together, I interviewed little Mr. Evan Bybee about some of his favorites. Here's what he had to say:

Favorite show: Super Why
Favorite movie: Aladdin
Favorite color: Purple and blue
Favorite food: Fish ((funny about this since I think the first time he had fish (besides fish sticks only a couple of times) was last Saturday when I decided we are going to have salmon once a week because it's so good for us))
Favorite thing to do with Mom: Experiments (I asked him if he meant that was his favorite thing to do with Dad. He said no, with Mom. Ha! Just call me Bill Ny...not!)
Favorite thing to do with Dad: Exercise (I think they've done Pilates together once. It clearly made a huge impression on Evan.)
Favorite thing to do with Maren: Play instruments
Favorite place: Chuck E. Cheese
What he wants to be when he grows up: Astronaut

That was really fun to do. His responses were really quick. Too cute. So then I told him we are going to go see Santa Claus at the mall on Saturday so we'd better have a Christmas wish list ready. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. Here's his list:

Scooter
Pretend oranges to hang on the Christmas tree (where did he get this from? Has he been to someone's house that has oranges hanging on their tree? Help me out here. This is too cute!)
Trip to Chuck E. Cheese
Pretend ice cream (again, a bit random)
Fish
Mom prods with, "what else, Evan?"
More fish
"Anything else, Evan?"
Little bit more fish

Okay, then. Love the fish times three part, too! Exercise and fish. If we got more of those two things around here, we'd be in good shape...literally. He'll be thrilled to hear that our next salmon day is only three days away. Ha! Seems like he'll be a pretty easy one for Christmas this year. :-)

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

That is so cute. Even is such a little grown up. Maybe I will have to try that when Eden turns 3 in a couple of months. Fun fun.

Amyanne said...

What a great idea--okay, tomorrow during breakfast Kylene and me are having a chat...:) Evan is adorable---I wish I could have conversations with him more often:).

Cheney Family said...

That is such a great idea!! I might have to try that with my kids something to help me remember what their likes are at that age. Thanks!!