Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stolen Social Security Number?

I just found out today that a woman is working in a Chipotle restaurant in Columbia Heights, MN under Michael's SSN. Does anybody have any idea what I should do in this case? Do I call the police? Do I call the manager? If so, what do I say? Do I start by getting a credit report to see if she's done anything else with our credit? Well, that's an obvious. I have to do that no matter what. But what else do I do?

2 comments:

Dori said...

Any luck yet with this? Once someone used my SS# to get phone service and I was kinda freaked out but that's all they used it for. Luckily I haven't had a problem since and it's been a couple of years

Anonymous said...

Hi Mem,
That is frightening. How did you find out about it? The first thing I would do is check all of your bank and credit card accounts and verify all posted transactions. Next step would be to get a copy of all three credit reports: Transunion, Experian, and Equifax to make sure those have not been affected. Let me know if you want more info. on getting those. Other than that, I'm not sure.