Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



Look at my sweet family! I so love them. We had a great Father's Day today. We gave Michael a tie with a matching one for Evan and a matching dress for Maren. Boy was he surprised!! He loved it and got lots of attention today from friends and strangers alike. I must say a huge THANK YOU to my sister, Danica, and my mom for "helping" with the sewing. Ha! That just means that they did everything. I cut a few pieces, did some pinning and ironed on the...well, i don't even remember what it's called now. Anyway, sewing would not be listed as one of my talents so I sure appreciate them taking the time to help me out with this fun project! Anyway...

Reasons why we love Dad so much:

He is a handsome guy who helps make really cute kids.

He is super funny...makes silly voices, crawls around like animals, hoots, hollers and brings all sorts of fun into our home.

He doesn't see spending time with the kids so I can go to meetings or just have a break as "babysitting".

He is helping Evan build a really great garden, letting Evan do lots of fun stuff for it.

Just when I think Evan has pushed his last button and his frustration is going to go over the edge, he calms right down, speaks in a tender voice and always gets things worked out - I would be the one losing my cool and sending him to a time-out.

He knows a lot of sciencey things and gives Evan awesome, in-depth explanations of how things work...but on a level Evan can understand.

He does cool experiments.

He is working hard in school (and just got 100% on his first test!) so he can provide better for his family.

For all these reasons and more, we love you, Michael Bybee (Dad)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the dress and ties Memory...the colors are so great!! Good job.

Dori said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Absolutely Cute!

Pricilla said...

how fun and so creative! I love matching with the kids

Anonymous said...

Great job on the test!!! Keep it up!

Jen and Dad