Sunday, April 22, 2007

Amazing Talent

My friend Michelle, who I used to work with at UnumProvident, has an amazing talent that I wanted to share! Here's the story behind it: Less than a year ago, though I can't remember exactly when, Michelle asked me to come over and help her get started with scrapbooking. She'd never scrapbooked before. Didn't know what tools she would need. Didn't know where to start. She'd never heard of a heat tool, die cuts, eyelets, etc. Well, I brought over some of my stuff, showed her some basics, showed her some ideas, and then left. What she brought to show me a couple days later absolutely blew my mind away. BEAUTIFUL scrapbook pages. But, it only gets better. A few months later Michelle started getting into cards. Keep in mind that she had never made a card before. Well, she just shared with me a website that her sister set up for her. Her sister is an attorney here in Portland and has helped Michelle over 100 cards to associates in her law firm. I saw these cards and was floored at what Michelle has created so soon after even deciding to make cards. Then I went to her house the other day and saw her set up. She's got everything you need to make absolutely beautiful cards all set up in a corner of her house. Just the transformation is incredible to me. What a fun way to realize you have a talent. Anyway, I wanted to share her website with you in case you are ever in need of an awesome card for a special occasion. Enjoy! http://mysite.verizon.net/thewoerners/

1 comment:

Michelle Woerner said...

Thank you Mem for writing such nice things and telling the story of my journey to cardmaking!